Hi! I'm Sarah and I'm a counsellor/ psychotherapist in Gatley, Cheadle near Stockport and South Manchester
COVID-19 – Helping you through this difficult time
I understand the current situation with Covid- 19 is causing stress, uncertainty and anxiety. It’s more important than ever to practise self-care and look after our mental health. I am currently seeing clients for counselling either face to face, online through Skype or phone / video call.
Are you finding life difficult?
We all have times in our lives when we find it hard to cope. Counselling and psychotherapy can help you understand why you think, feel and act like you do. It can help you develop positive strategies to get what you want /need out of life.
How can therapy help me?
How we think, feel and behave is part of being human. But problems can arise
- when we get ‘stuck’ in negative thought patterns
- when our feelings are persistently overwhelming/painful
- when our behaviour is self destructive and doesn’t result in us getting what we want/need
- when we worry about the future , dwell on the past and find it hard to live in the present
Counselling and psychotherapy can help with
- managing stress
- self harm
- eating disorders
- couples /relationship problems
- anger issues
- sexuality issues
- low self esteem
- codependency issues
- developing a Growth Mindset
- changing your brain's neural pathways
When appropriate, we can use relaxation techniques like mindfulness and meditation in the therapy sessions.
Transactional analysis (TA)
TA psychotherapy is a theory of personality that can be used
- to understand relationships
- to promote personal change and growth