- BA Hons degree in English and psychology
- Certificate in person-centred counselling skills
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis psychotherapy (4 years post graduate training at the South Manchester Centre for Psychotherapy)
- Registered BACP Accredited member
- Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
I am a supportive, empathetic and experienced therapist, who provides a safe , non judgmental and confidential environment for clients to explore their difficulties. I believe that the experience of sharing difficult feelings; of being ‘heard’ and not judged can be liberating and empowering. I have over 10 years experience as a counsellor and I work with individuals and couples. When appropriate we can include techniques from mindfulness and meditation in the therapy sessions.
I have 18 years experience teaching English and maths to second language speakers, many of whom are refugees/asylum seekers. These adults/teenagers have often experienced trauma, anxiety, bereavement and depression among others. I hold an up to date DBS check.
I am an accredited member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I abide by their code of ethics/conduct. I comply with GDPR (Global Data Processing Regulation) requirements regarding the storage of client data. I receive regular supervision.